WHERE IN LIES YOUR HOPE FOR TOMORROW?


Sometime ago whilst on the hospital ward, I was challenged by woman whose son was due for surgery later that night. The 17 year old boy had a massive tumour on his right arm that was roughly the dimensions of a 5 litre container. She asked me to ponder on a series of questions for which I had no immediate answers. “If indeed God is after our own good, why has He chosen me amongst all the women to have a child who has this misfortune? What future does He have planned for my son because he hasn’t been able to go to school all his life? Why does evil seem to be selective on whom it befalls?” I cant remember my exact responses but one thing was true. This was a woman in distress. Sadly, I went out to look for her on the ward the following day but never found her. This later reminded me of an experiment. The Norwegian Field Rat (mbeba yaku Norway) is known for its endurance. The University of California Berkeley once conducted an experiment to determine how long the rat could endure. They put the rats in a tank of water and they swam for their dear life. They swam for 7 hours before they began to sink and died!! Sometime later they tried the experiment again. After the rats had swum for some time and began to tire, someone reached out his hand below one rat and lifted the rat out for a few seconds and then put it back in the water. That rat swum for 20 hours more!! Hope! Hope that rescue will come again. He had been rescued before. It could happen again. So don’t despair. Many are the troubles of this world but look back at what God has done for you in your life. Remain in Him and He will do it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NONE"

TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED

TOP 10 BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS