"JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NONE"

They say it is important to make lasting first impressions. I pondered heavily on what my first blog post would be on and several things came to mind. None however seemed would be a good pick to make an impression on.......Filled with indecision perhaps, away with making an impression, I ended up penning something in those lines...
"Jack of all trades, master of none." This is a figure of speech used in reference to a person that is competent with many skills, but spends so much time learning each new skill that they cannot become an expert in any particular one. Kind of describes me a lot. Over the past 3-4 years, I have gone from web design to computer programming, accountancy to entrepreneurship training and recently guitar and piano lessons among a few of those I can write about. I am one of those people who isn’t great at anything but am pretty good at most things…lol…When I look back, I discover I only have sufficient information to contribute on each topic but not proficient in any of the things I have been venturing in. If you are like me, maybe too many things interest you or perhaps you too easily get bored sticking to one thing for a long time…..Napoleon Hill once wrote “The jack-of-all-trades is seldom good at any. Concentrate all of your efforts on one chief aim.” A few points to note would be:-
1. It’s better to become proficient in one skill than to pursue two things without mastering any. Chasing two rats at once will mostly likely end in losing both.
2. They say patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. Decide one thing you would want to attain and direct all energies towards it.
3. Suffer the pain of discipline or you will suffer the pain of regret. Choose one thing and STICK to it or else looking back into time will always be a nightmare.
4. You determine what kind of difference you want to make. To either be more directed in future endeavours or to continue being a Jack of all trades but master of none is entirely your choice….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brain damaging habit 1 of 10: Skipping Breakfast

ON TRAVELLING FROM CHIPATA TO CHADIZA