Franklin's log: A Night In UTH.

Entry #: 12 (8th March, 2017; 02:37hrs)
Most days, if not all, I am usually learning from the misfortune of others so I can one day help other people too. Today is different from all other nights I have spent here...Its 01:42hrs in the morning. Thirty minutes later, its 01:43hrs.
I feel bad when patients/ caregivers are treated with attitude, not attended to on time and well perhaps given suboptimal treatment. With the exception of the good reception from the nurses today, I still had to wait in line for 3 hours before the medical officer came through to admit dad. Yes 3 hours and the old man was in pain, still in pain. I feel bad when people skip the line in the name of staff/ white coat priviledge....my conscience wouldn't let me....there were a couple of people ahead who came in at 13hrs and hadn't been seen yet by 20hrs. Too bad the other guy brought in by the Police passed on whilst on the queue.
Mosquitoes are the new flies here. Cockroaches roam the floor with authority.
People are groaning, moaning and wailing. People are really suffering. The old man too. He is in real pain. He keeps bawling from time to time in his sleep. Who am I? A bedsitter or bedsider? None of those two terms exist. Am simply by the bedside.
"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NONE"

TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED

TOP 10 BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS